Maintaining the Spur Control On Your Show Horse
“Is your horse clutchy in his movement, tight in the head and neck, and mad at your leg…? Here are never before taught secrets to help you to REMAKE your spur trained show horse.”
For years, people have used spur and leg controls, commonly called “The Spur Stop” on their horses. Spur controls have been misused and abused to the point that many horse owners have a Bad Opinion of it…
The spur control has been used to control the horses instead of good training principals and techniques that layer a solid foundation and build longevity in your horse.
I am AGAINST any training techniques that:
1. Hurt a horse
2. Make a horse move uncomfortably or unnaturally
3. Make a horse hate rather than like its job
4. Shorten the longevity of a horse’s career
The “spur stop” can do all of these, but it can also, when taught and used properly, increase the longevity of your horse’s show career and add lift and flow to his movement!
I have produced a 3-Part video Series – teaching you how to prepare your horse for the spur control by building a solid foundation of acceptance to the leg; showing you how to teach your horse the leg control; and finally, how to maintain your show horse with the leg control.
– Learn how to maintain your horse’s acceptance off of your leg.
– Learn how to keep your horse moving fresh and lifted.
– Learn how to get that “clutchiness” out of your horse’s head, neck, and legs.
– Learn how to keep your leg a positive to your horse.